But what if Bill found himself and his friends in the very setting he often calls upon? How would he stack up as an adventurer on a character sheet? Well, let's find out.
For those wondering on the below, Pathfinder rules apply.
Note: stats are meant just as a relative examples - not true representations of their power in the books. After all, it wouldn't do to allow a player to start the game with a 24 in strength, dexterity, and constitution. Let's keep it fair for the poor DMs out there. ;)
Class: Fighter / Barbarian
Alignment: True Neutral
- Blood Rage - Upon ingesting another vampire's blood, you gain temporary levels equal to the enemy's hit dice. Add one point of STR and CON for every level of hit dice gained, but lose two points of INT for every 4 levels gained. If INT is lowered below 3, you enter a berzerker rage, attacking the creatures nearest you whether they be friend or foe. These temporary levels remain for 1d4 rounds for every 4 levels of experience.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
- Hypnotic Personality - Once a day per level, you may choose to add your charisma modifier to an intimidate or diplomacy check made against the opposite sex. If the check succeeds the victim must succeed in a Will saving throw or be charmed for 1d6 rounds.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Choose 2 additional spells per day, up to your max spellcaster ability, from the Charm domain
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- You can gain access to Sneak Attack and Uncanny Dodge as a Rogue of the same level.
Class: Arcane Trickster
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Insane Fetish - You may designate one non-weapon possession as your personal Fetish. When wielding this item you may Channel Positive Energy as per a Cleric of the same level. In addition, once per day for every five levels you possess you may cast Holy Smite through your Fetish. If your Fetish is ever destroyed, you must wait 2 weeks and spent 500gp / level to obtain a new one.
There's your beginning party. Choose your equipment and spells wisely.
Should you survive your first few adventures, we'll continue this series in a few days with some of the higher level threats that exist in this world...
Read Part 2